Post Blog 11/29

The reading that interested me the most was the one with the topic of our society under surveillance. Being that I have to take security seriously with the life I’m living, it made me think a lot about the amount of surveillance that takes place not only on campus, but in our own personal lives as well. I wonder if we have this amount of surveillance for us to feel safe or four the people doing the surveillance to feel safe? I can understand both points of views being that I have a job that involves national security as well as being a student to a college which is very open in that anybody can walk onto. It makes me wonder if we are expected to act a certain way knowing that we are under a certain sort of surveillance. I think that goes both ways for the people doing the surveillance expect the people that are under surveillance to act a certain way just for everybody to feel safe. I also think that maybe there is a connection between the reading on surveillance and how influential the people we watch on TV that have positions to discuss certain subjects have something to do with this concern on surveillance.
These newscasters to me are just random people that were assigned this job because they knew their topic well. I think I am too critical to fully believe whatever they have to say on TV and realize how anything they say when it comes to sports and politics etc. are just opinions not facts. After these readings I find it difficult to sit down and watch the news networks and simply just accept them for the way they are knowing that there is a large amount of bias whenever they speak.

Comments